Happy Thursday everyone! It is unbelievably hot lately here in Austin, which means it is summer, which means there is an abundance of summer produce to be had at your local Farmer’s Markets. On a recently trip, I was greeted with delicious plump tomatoes at almost every stall & I was unable to resist their charms! One of my favorite ways of preparing tomatoes is roasting them. It is a great way to get them ready for salsa or tomato sauce, or you can drizzle a little balsamic vinegrette & spoon the mixture over some linguine & have a delicious & easy dinner!
- Pre heat oven to 350* & quarter all tomatoes, removing seeds & pulp if desired.
- Arrange tomatoes on a baking sheet & drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Gently toss to evenly coat. Cook for approx 20 min.
- While tomatoes are roasting, fill a large pot with water & bring to a boil. Cook linguine according to package directions. Rinse & set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine, 1/4c balsamic vinegar, 1/2c olive oil, salt & pepper to taste & a pinch of sugar. Whisk everything together & drizzle over cooked tomatoes. Reserve a bit to pour over pasta.
- Assemble dish & tear basil leaves into small pieces, garnish & serve.
Enjoy! XO, Bridget from Love Peace Family.